on W shore of Stepovak Bay, Alaska Peninsula, Aleutian Range. 2.5 miles wide.
Local name reported by members of the Harriman Alaska Expedition of 1899 (v. 4 , p. 69-78). Commonly called Chicago Bay according to U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) 1916 Coast Pilot (v. 2, p. 165). Named for Admiral Vasili Iakob Chichagov, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), who, with a fleet of three ships, made explorations in the Arctic regions in 1765-66.