on right bank of Nushagak River, near mouth of Kokwok River, 36 mi. NE of Dillingham, Bristol Bay Low.
Eskimo village or camp mentioned by Ivan Petroff in the 10th Census of 1880 as "Kukuak." It was called "Kok-wok-ha-mut," meaning "Kok-wok people," on a 1910 manuscript map by H. C. Fasset, U.S. Bureau of Fisheries (USBF). F. H. Waskey, a local resident, reported in 1931 that the name "Kokwok" was nearer the Eskimo pronunciation than "Kakuak or "Kakwok." The population of the village was 104 in 1880; 45 in 1890. The village is now abandoned.