site of an Eskimo village on Chukchi Sea coast, at mouth of Isuk Creek, 3 mi. NW of Cape Thompson, Arctic Slope
This now abandoned village or camp was reported by Ivan Petroff in the 1880 U.S. Census as "Ip-not," with a population of 40. The 1890 U.S. Census does not list the name. It is reported to mean "bird-place" and was derived from the name of the cliffs at Cape Thompson.