Extending NW from Piledriver Slough to the Chena River 7 mi E of Fairbanks, Tanana Low. 13 miles long.
Named derived from Chena River; reported in 1903 by T. G. Gerdine and R. B. Oliver in (Prindle, 1905, pl. 16), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). The application of the name originally included Piledriver Slough and the lower crouse of the Chena River. However, when water from the Tanana was diverted during highway construction, the name "Chena Slough" was applied only to the drier course of the distributary.