heads at glacier in Philip Smith Mts. flows N to Canning River, 11 mi. NE of Mount Salisbury and 40 mi. W of Mount Michelson, Brooks Range
In 1903 S. J. Marsh, who explored and sketched this stream, called it "Right Fork," after the manner of prospectors who term the tributaries right and left when ascending the stream. "Marsh Fork" first appears in Baker's Dictionary, 1906.