In the Saint Elias Mountains, 2.4 mi NW of The Hump and 48 mi NE of Cape Yakataga.
Named in 1886 by H. W. Topham (1889) for Thomas Henry Huxley, 1825-95, English biologist. After receiving his medical degree from the University of London, Huxley entered the Royal Navy. His interest in biology grew from a voyage of exploration in an area around Australia. In 1854 he was appointed lecturer of Natural History in the Royal School of Mines, and later to teaching posts in several other prominent institutions of learning. He was a strong supporter of Darwin's evolutionary theory.