Located 5 miles northeast of Korovin Island, in Shumagin Is., Aleutian Range. 460 acres in size.
Published as "O(strov) Karpa," meaning "Carp Island," on Russian Hydrographic Dept. Chart 1379 (1847). The Aleut name is "Inlikak," or "Inglikhakh," according to Captain F. P. Lutke, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), who also used the Russian name "Bouldyr," meaning "hovel". Boulder Island, is shown on an 1890 U.S. Bureau of Fisheries (USBF) chart, while Bouldyr, Bouldir, and Karpa are shown on U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) charts.