population 241, on left bank of Kuskokwim River opposite junction of Takotna River, Kuskokwim Low.
A small trading post was established here in the spring of 1907 for the new diggings on the Innoko River. The town was named for Peter McGrath, U.S. Deputy Marshall for the area who established headquarters here the same year. A post office was established in 1913. Its population in 1920 was 90; in 1930, 112; in 1940, 138; and in 1950, 175. The original townsite, now called "Old McGrath" was on the right bank of the river.