At the mouth of Innoko River, on W bank of Walker Slough, 34 mi. SE of Anvik, 400 mi from Fairbanks, Innoko Low.
Established in 1897 and operated by the Jesuit Fathers and the Sisters of St. Ann. Lieutenant L. A. Zagoskin, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), in 1842-44, showed a native village here called "Anilukhtakpak" and "Anilukhtak-kak." Ivan Petroff in the 10th Census in 1880 lists a village called "Askhomute" and "Nelson Askhomut." A post office was established in 1889 under the name "Koserefski" derived from the Russian name of the old village across the river. It was named "Holy Cross" after the mission. Population was 20 Eskimo. With the influence of the mission, the number was 131, almost all Ingalik Indians. In 1930 its population was 337.