in Stephens Passage, on N coast of Glass Peninsula, 2 mi. N of Cove Point and 13 mi. SE of Juneau, Alex. Arch.
Discovered by Joseph Whidbey August 8, 1794, and named by Captain Vancouver (1798, v. 3, p. 275) in honor of Richard P. Arden, Lord Chief Justice of Common Pleas, and a friend of Pitt (Wagner, 1937, p. 373).