on S coast of Kenai Peninsula, 26 mi. SE of Seldovia, Chugach Mts. 3 miles wide.
Name published by Captain George Vancouver, Royal Navy (RN), in 1798. This bay was originally called "Dick's Harbour" by Captain Portlock (1789, map opposite p. 1), Royal Navy (RN), of the English vessel King George, who, in company with Captain George Dixon, Royal Navy (RN), of the English vessel Queen Charlotte, explored the area in 1786 and 1787.