on E shore of Favorite Channel, 1 mi. S of Dotsons Landing and 18 mi. NW of Juneau, Coast Mts.
The source of the name is unknown. In 1903 it was known as Lake Harbor, and was first called Pearl Harbor in 1905 in a mining claim by John Peterson (DeArmond, 1957, p. 34). The present name was reported in 1910 by Adolph Knopf, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and was published in 1912 (Knopf, 1912a, pls. 1, 2, and 5).