NE coast of Unalaska Island, indenting the SW coast of the Kenai Peninsula W of Russian Point, near the S entrance to Port Graham, Aleutian Islands. 0.6 mile wide.
Aleut name reported by Captain James Cook (1785,v.2.p.424) RN, as "Samganoodha." Lieutenant Sarichev (1826, map 14), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), published the name as "Zaliv Samganuda" or "Samganuda Bay". Because Cook surveyed the area, Father Veniaminov (1840,v.1,p165) called it "Angliiskii" or "English."